©2002, Addison-Wesley. All rights reserved.
buttons under the graph allow various manipulations of
the graph coordinates.
- The text input fields for f (x,y),
div F, and
curl F can accept
a wide variety of expressions to represent functions.
- The text input fields for x and y
can accept a real number in decimal notation.
- The point (x,y) represents the center of a square, drawn
- To change the size of the square, enter a value into the text
input field marked "s=" -- this value represents
the length of a side of the square.
- Four flow curve segments are drawn in yellow,
one from each corner of the
square, parameterized from 0 to t.
- To change the lengths of the flow curves, enter a value into the text
input field marked "t=".
- The opposite endpoints of the curve segments are connected to form another
quadrilateral (not necessarily square), drawn in blue.
- Divergence is computed as fx+gy.
- Curl is computed as gx-fy.